Wednesday, February 17, 2010

'Blackout Drinking' Found To Be Bad For Relationships

"I am a victim of my own choices, for my my fears gain strength through the energy that I waste on them"  -Acolyte.  "The self-fulfilling prophecy, how often this can be true, particularly with relationships. An insecurity or fear that something bad will happen can make people behave in such a way that it almost sure to happen."  http://www.onestopwriteshop.com/showwriting/2492

I have often said that I am my own worst enemy it seems.  I'm a driven, goal-oriented person that gets anything done that I set my mind too, but sometimes, cannot seem to get out of my own way.  I've been very proud of myself lately for not hitting the bottle when I've been depressed or lonely, however it seems that depression isn't the only enemy to watch out for, to trigger over-indulging.  An ongoing sense of low self esteem can also lead to what I now refer to as "Blackout Drinking".  Taking my goals and dreams, and shattering them in the course of a few hours.  It's time to get to another level of soul-searching and figure out why I am sabotaging my own happiness with alcohol.  I'll be reading 'Cries From The Abyss'  http://www.alcoholblackout.com/