Sunday, October 10, 2010

Opportunities Of Love



The fleeting weeks of new love intoxication have to be special enough, and treasured enough, to carry you through the rest of the relationship; not thrown away, lost on logic and reason.  You cannot buy back a moment.  You cannot wish back a lost opportunity.

I played his game.  I made myself real for him.  Now, it's my turn, for him to become real for me, or to disappear, and not be The One. 

It's hard, but I've been trained like a soldier for these messes.  The pain of waiting on a man that is too hard on me, not giving the shelter of love, but still wanting him.  Wanting to be good, wanting to be enough... wanting him to be good and enough.  To be there... for me, as I want to be there for him.

All is not lost... I will wait for him to become real.