Monday, January 10, 2011

Bad Timing and No Balance



He stood there in my garage, wanting his space, but not saying it, as if I'm a mind reader, and he said "I know plenty of bad ass bitches that could kick my ass.  I'm gonna send one here to straighten your ass out".  Who says that to their girlfriend?!  Who says that to the woman that they're supposed to be making to feel safe?  He gives sweet cards, and then the things that come out of his mouth are the complete opposite, and dripping with hate.
 
Dear God, where's my Rhett Butler?  The man that is a bad ass to the world, and a gentleman to me?  My equal; just like how I'm assertive at work and with the world, but caring and nurturing to my man.  They're either too bad to the point of evil, or they're too good, to the point of me not feeling like they can take charge.  Where is the balance?  How much longer do I have to wait God?

I'm really missing Braveheart right now.  That mother fucker was a fighting bad ass but treated me like a queen, and always had a plan for us.  He was so traditional that he wouldn't even hear of letting me pay for anything, always pulled out chairs, opened doors, shit, he didn't even want me to drive any where, and he was always in charge, and I did exactly what he told me to do, without question.  All he asked for was my loyalty, honesty and respect.  That's the kind of guy that you look back on and miss, and think, man, I wish I would've been ready for a relationship when he came around.  What is with all of this bad timing?