Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Regret



It seems for me to live this life to the fullest, I have had to make plenty of mistakes and always learn the hard way.  Sometimes, the same lesson, over and over... and then over again.  For men, I have cried, compromised, given, taken, lied, lost goodness and innocence and my mind.  I've hated, loved, and parts of me have completely died.  I've made mistakes that have ripped me apart inside, and that have isolated, betrayed and dissapointed people that I loved, or have just been cruel to people that I liked.  My only consolation has been that I have been punished three-fold for all of it.
Someone told me recently that I seem to be living life with no regrets, and I thought of an old movie called The Last Unicorn, that I used to watch when I was a girl.  A wizard turns the last unicorn into a beautiful young woman to protect her from being hunted, and in this shell of a female body she must face the evils of the world.  At the end she says "I am no longer like the others, for no unicorn was ever born who could regret, but now I do. I regret.".