Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Taming Elizabeth


There are women, and then there are wildcat women.  Elizabeth Taylor was not only the media proclaimed, "most beautiful woman in the world", in her day, but also a dominant wildcat.  Today, she will tell you that of all of the men that she cared for, and married, there were only two men that were the loves of her life.  Mike Todd was the first. 

'...he was also a passionate lover, giving her the kind of powerful intimacy and connection that had been missing from her previous husbands.  When she wanted tenderness, he was gentle as a puppy in spite of his outward roughness.  But his gentleness was never, and could never, be mistaken for weakness.  "Mike was strong, which was very good for me," she once observed.  "I will get away with murder if I can.  I used to try, out of my perversity, sometimes to drive Mike mad.  I'd be late, deliberately just fiddle around and be late, and I loved it when he would lose his temper and dominate me.  I would start to purr because he had won".'  -Elizabeth, by J. Randy Taraborrelli.