Thursday, April 15, 2010

Psycho Ex's


It never ceases to amaze me how little concern is payed to women who are stalked by their ex-boyfriends.  I often think of Nicole Simpson, and how she knew that O.J. was going to eventually kill her.  She lived with that fear every day.  She knew, that she could not move on with her life, because her premature death was staring her right in the face, and she knew he would get away with it!  It was as if she just accepted her fate and simply braced herself for it.  This happens because restraining orders are a joke, and I've even personally had police deputies tell me, "well it might just make him madder".  What a helpless feeling it is, knowing that the law will not protect you.  I have had my mailbox bashed in, I've been manipulated with a gun and with a guy having nervous breakdowns when I tried to end a relationship.  I've been harassed for months on end with voice and text messages.  I've had my sliding glass door smashed in with an axe.  I've slept with my hand gun for weeks at a time, or not slept, and just patrolled my property in the middle of the night after hearing a noise.  And this is just a taste of what millions of women go through from having psycho ex-boyfriends.

From my own experience, these men are always guys "from the neighborhood".  They are guys that your friends know, who "would never do anything like that".  Upon speaking out; instead of being concerned for, I am being bullied.   What I'm finding is that guys, really don't know their friends very well when it comes to the relationship side of their personalities.  Girlfriends get all of the bullshit, psycho insecurities that their guy friends never see.  Where are the real men?  Where are the champions of women's safety??