Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In Love With A Dick... Literally


As I talk to my girlfriends, a reoccurring theme of 'dick' keeps coming up (pardon the pun). One friend has "never met a dick she didn't like", and another really hasn't met any that she was too crazy about, and then for myself, there have been those "special" dicks, the one's that I felt that I should have plaster-casted, taken photographs of and built a shrine for. I wondered if anyone else that I knew was haunted by 'Ghosts of Dick's Past', so I went to the expert, my mother.


Last week she and I had dinner, and I thought it was a good time to talk about dick's with dear old mom over appetizers, and so I asked "Mom, can you be in love with a penis, and despise the man that it's attached to"? I'm prone to use more clinical verbiage around my mom, like 'penis', since she is a nurse and I don't make a habit of "cussing" in front of her, otherwise I would have used the more favored 'dick' or my favorite 'cock' (just sounds larger, doesn't it?). Anyway, mom paused ever so briefly, snapped her head towards me, locked eyes on me and said, with what I detected as a tinge of fear and regret in her voice, "oh, yeah".